Robert Fedoruk has been killing it with his content, and one of theses posts needs to be retold because it is, just that good.
Tired of only the pros knowing how work fast in #ServiceNow. In <5 minutes, learn to pinpoint stuff most relevant to you, and bookmark it for later.https://t.co/f2FWknvr5G— Robert Fedoruk (@rfedoruk) October 1, 2019
I feel like this should be searchable and isn't today. So I am making a post to share that content.
There's a few things people should know to going fast. All the shortcuts, and accessing your stuff.
Be bold and use your middle finger, to right-click on everything. This gives your access to the following actions;
- show matching
- show before
- show after
- build a report
Use the monacle to search columns
This will load a textbox below each column, they work with text like so;
textdefaults to starts with
=textis the exact match (case insensitive)
*textis the text contains
Jump around with breadcrumbs
You can change your filter fast by smashing the different parts of the breadcrumbs.
- smash the chevron to remove the next specific filter
- smash the part of the filter to remove all the parts right of it
Editing data in a list
You don't have to go into each record to change the data.
- CTRL + smash and then double smash a cell to edit all selected rows for that column
- SHIFT + ↑ / ↓, then double smash a selected cell to edit all selected rows
Control the data you see with the cog
- smash the cog to decide what columns you will see
- experiment with this as you can always reset
Accessing your stuff fast
- Drag a condition onto the left hand menu to add it to your favorites
- Ham sandwich menu has a create favorite option too that does the same from list and record
- Stars in the left hand menu appear if you hover, that will also add them to your favorites
- On the left hand menu in the star menu at the bottom is a pencil to edit all your favorites and their order