Are you ready to learn a new skill and get out of your comfort zone? We all need to challenge ourselves and push our boundaries to grow, but it can be intimidating to take the plunge. That's why I'm here to encourage and motivate you to explore the unknown and discover the power of resilience and perseverance.
Here's 6 Reasons You Should Step Out of Your Comfort Zone:
- You'll learn more about yourself and what you're comfortable with.
- You'll become more resilient and adaptable.
- You'll gain new skills and experiences.
- You'll expand your network.
- You'll become more open to new ideas.
- You'll become more confident and motivated.
Ready to take the leap? Here's 7 Ways to Get Out of Your Comfort Zone:
- Make a goal and work to achieve it.
- Take a class in something you’re unfamiliar with.
- Try a new sport or hobby.
- Challenge yourself to do something you’ve never done before.
- Volunteer for a cause outside your normal interests.
- Take a risk and do something that scares you.
- Step out of your usual routine and do something different.
Here are a few lessons I've learned the hard way that can help you on your journey.
- Organizing meetups. I ran the Minneapolis ServiceNow Developer Meetup for three years. There I learned a consistent schedule and great content are essential to success. Don't fear reaching out to others for support. By doing that people provided space, and content. It wasn't always that way I had to make my fair share of labs.
- Making videos. I made videos to discuss the happenings in the ServiceNow space. Although I've been on hiatus for a hot minute, I'm coming back in January! I learned that content is key, and that you need to know how to capture your viewers' attention. I'm no expert, but I've come a long way since I started recording, editing, and posting videos.
- Blogging: This blog has been part of my life for years now, but when I first started it was a place for me to keep notes. Through content creation, I've learned (and am still learning!) what success looks like. Writing is a skill that improves the more you use it, so don't be afraid to write down your notes. Not everyone wants to make them public, and that's ok - make sure you write them down!
Ready to give it a go? Take the plunge and break out of your comfort zone. Share your experiences and tag me - I'd love to see it!