This post is a extension of this post. Below I go over the videos, and the interactive site.
There's 2 places that have this;
Foundations eLearning (videos)
The foundations course covers six modules. You will get an introduction and overview of how to interact with and navigate through this Foundations course. It also covers on how to navigate using filters and breadcrumbs and what you can see and do as a System Administrator.
Both of these end up on the same videos as listed in sub sections.
- What is ServiceNow and How Can It Help Me Do My Job?
- Quick Tour of the ServiceNow Platform
- How to Request Something
- How to Report an Issue
- How to Use the Knowledge Base
Process User and Manager Capabilities
- Performing Basic Setup in your instance
- Application Menus and Modules
- Form Layout and Design
- Overview Pages(Homepages)
- Business Rules
- Inbound Email Actions and Notifications
- Service Catalog Administration Overview
- Creating Service Catalog Categories
- Creating Service Catalog Items
- Creating Service Catalog Record Producers
- Creating Service Catalog Execution Plans and Workflows
IT Service Management
Community and Chat
Need to talk to someone, the community has people on it all the time.
Get a Developer Instance
You can get your own instance to mess around from developer.service-now.com. This is required for the Developer training courses.
Developer Training Courses (interactive)
Self-paced developer training modules are available with the ServiceNow Developer program. They are step-by-step, guides on how parts of the platform work.
This interactive course seems to have these items;
- Developer Site Walkthrough
- Build the NeedIt Application
- Securing Applications
- Automating Application logic
- Automated Test Framework
- Building Apps with AngularJS
- Build My First Application
- Scripting in ServiceNow
- Importing Data into ServiceNow
- REST Integrations
- Service Portal
- TechNow spans videos on two channels, NowCommunity, and Nowsupport
- Ask the Expert Sessions
- ServiceNow Dev Program
- Udemy ServiceNow System Admin and App Developer Udemy Courses
- System Administration Exam Flashcards
- Application Developer Exam Flashcards
- Practice Exam - Classmarker Practice Exam
Prepare for the certification
|CSA||Certified System Administrator||Blueprint|
|CAD||Certified Application Developer||Blueprint|
ServiceNow has lots certifications now and they people interept them differently.
Ultimately they show the following about the person
- They are willing to pay some money
- They are willing to take a class
- They are willing to take a test and pass
- They are willing to take a quiz each family release
- They are willing to pay a renewal fee every two years
* No Certification Documentation could be found, but it's listed as if one exists on the Certification Guide.
Update [July 1, 2018]: As of 7/1/2018, its stated you need to take the class before testing for the certification. The webassesor link still works and lists the classes for me.
ServiceNow uses onsite testing and at home testing. For the at home testing you'll need a detached webcam.
The cost is $150 per certification.
The CSA and CAD certification has a 90 minute time limit. The rest have a 130 minute time limit.