This year I'm fortunate enough to go to knowledge, and one of my
favorite SN people, Robert Fedoruk, posted a YouTube video about winning hackathons.
In the spirit of sharing I'm adding a list I compiled after some
searching to see what's won previously as it wasn't aggregated anywhere
I could see. I'd love to see these shared in an open way after wards but
if this just make the competition better, than that's great and my goal
here. Below is that list.
- TableNOW - Finalist - a restaurant reservation application that
finds nearby restaurants and displays their locations, menus, and
availability. And processes reservations, of course.
- CasiNOW - Finalist - a blackjack gambling web site that lets users
buy coins for play, interact with one another, read rules and FAQs,
report issues, and submit questions.
- PictionNOW - Finalist - a variant on the popular party game
"Pictionary" that replaces that game's manual drawing tools with an
electronic tablet. The pair used HTML5 to add a "canvas element" to
the ServiceNow Content Management System (CMS), and wrote driver
software to link the tablet with the ServiceNow platform.
- KickITnow (video) - Winner - a
kind-of "corporate KickStarter" for incubating projects within an
- SchoolHub (video) - Winner - App to
structure the interaction between teachers (give assignments and
grades), faculty (biographies, tracking attendance), parents (check
the grades, fill out all kinds of forms --- absence, dietary,
holiday requests) and students (survey teachers, get assignments)
- SociaLoop - Finalist - a Social Media Campaign Management
application, enabling organizations to activate all employees around
- Password Vault - Finalist - The app generates a secured password and
we use orchestration to make the change a reality. The credentials
are encrypted and we use Access Control List (ACL) to make sure you
see only the credentials that you are supposed to see in your role.
- MudMonsters - Finalist - "We have 35 locations, 12 monsters, many
items in there," Scott explained. "We use business rules to govern
the behavior of all elements. The business rules trigger events
based off of the text body in the commands. You win when you reach
the final destination. If you loose, you go back to square one and
you loose all items."
- CableCarNow - Finalist - The world famous cable cars of San
Francisco are always full and the queues at the stops are way too
long. "So the city needs a solution and it needs it fast."
- FEMA Victim Assistance (cube talk video) - First - ServiceNow
Saving Lives. It will be something very special.
- Cinema food ordering - Finalist - app that would allow movie
audience to scan a QR code on their seat, complete and submit an
order and have it delivered to their seat.
- C'est Ne Paas (Robot) - Nuclear Disaster as a Service - This
application would enable disaster recovery teams to send a robot
into a disaster area and have it execute a task.
- Social networking management - Managing posts to Twitter
- On-call scheduling - Finalist - No Details
- Happiness Service
| innovation - app that brings together kids awaiting organ
transplants and people who want to grant their wish and donate
- platform - app for employee health tracking with wearables, and
gamification for challenges and points redemption for fitness
- Create Doc
Product- business -
app that automates document creation and management directly in
- business - Presented a visualization of the carbon footprint of
an enterprise. This functional visualization also allows users
to actually manage and alter working elements and affect the
energy consumption rates of the customer using it.
- LUDI - Voice Controlled -
innovation - a voice integration application function into
ServiceNow using the native voice recognition that ships as standard
with the Google Chrome browser.
- GiveNow - (social good) - Enables companies to connect their
employees with opportunities to volunteer in their communities
- KSafeNow - Student
Tracker - social
good - ...
- NeutreNow -
business - App NeutreNow to incentive healthy behavior (scroll down
for full review). Tracks calory intake and calories burnt
Video- innovation -
Sentiment analyses of support conversations. Based on quality of
sentiment metrics, you can assign actions and tasks to prioritize
follow up on conversations.