So I decided to take a look at the new licensing. Here’s my notes;
Why platform licensing is changins
Create Custom tables and extend functionality.
- Today customers can build any custom table in the “same business purpose”
- Unlimited custom tables can be created for the purpose of configuring and customizing the owned products.
Issues with this are; - Identifing what is “an app” and if it was “within the same buisness purpose” is time consuming and difficult. - The definitions of “an app” and “business purpose” are subjective.
- Per User model with one simple, transparent, and objective meter for the extensibility of the platform – custom tables
- While ensuring we do no harm to our products and contiue to enable configuration and customization freedom.
- This no longer uses business purpose or application definitions.
Whats included in the new licensing
Bundled Subscription Entitlements
|New Subscription Package||Custom Tables||Custom Fields||Mobile Studio||Performance Analitics||Virtual Agent||Agent Intelligence|
|ITAM, ITBM, ITOM||5||X||50|
|Product Bundles||Type||Licensed By|
|ITSM *||User||Named (ITSM) Fulillers|
|ITSM *||User||Named (ITSM) Approvers|
|ITSM *||User||Named (ITSM) Requesters|
|HR *||User||HR Users|
|ITAM||Unrestricted User Model||?|
|ITOM||Unrestricted User Model||?|
|SecOps||Unrestricted User Model||?|
- ITSM Fullfiller has access to all the 50 custom tables to create, read, update, and delete any records.
- ITSM Requester has access to all 50 custom tables to create, read, update, and delete their records only.
Example License use
|ITSM PRO||Marketing Apps||Executive Apps|
|User Role||Executive User|
|User Role||Marketing User||Marketing User|
|User Role||ITSM Fulfiller||ITSM Requester||ITSM Requester|
|Subscription Required||ITSM Pro - Fulfiller||App Engine - Standard||App Engine - Pro|
|Subscription Required||ITSM Pro - Fulfiller||ITSM Pro - Requester||ITSM Pro - Requester|
|Entitlements Used||50 * ITSM + M PA VA AI||50 * ITSM + M PA VA AI||50 * ITSM + M PA VA AI|
|Entitlements Used||25 * Marketing + M||25 * Marketing + M|
|Entitlements Used||75 * Executive + M PA VA AI|
|Available||25 Tables + M||100 Tables + M PA VA AI|
Definitions / Other Details
Unrestricted User Model: This means that all users, as long as their registered users in the user table on the platform get full access to the custom tables linked to these product bundles
If Table limit is reached, additional table will fall under the “Now Platform App Engine” subscription
Each custom table under the bundle can have up to 50 custom fields (inherited custom fields do count )
Now Platform App Engine
|User Package||Custom Tables||Custom Fields||Mobile Studio||Performance Analytics||Virtual Agent||Agent Intelligence|
- Platform User’s are not differented like ITSM’s fulfillers, approvers, requesters.
- Platform User’s consume a entitlement if you have access to a custom
table. By Access, we mean, “Create Read Update rights”.
- The following User Actions on a custom table request a subscrition
- Read/View: Look at the custom table or a record in a custom table directly
- Create/Insert: Create a new record in the custom table, directly or indirectly
- Update: Update a record in a custom table
- Delete: Delete a record in a custom table
- If a person has a Starter Subscription, they can access up to a max of 5 custom tables
- The 5 tables can be different on a user-by-user basis. E.g. If is in Marketing and Bill is in HR. They may access 5 different tables and still be valid Starter Users
- If the table has Agent Inteligence, Virtual Agent, or Performance Analytics, the user must have the Professional, or Enterprise entitlement.
- For the starter package, you need to get one for every active registered user that doesn’t have one of the other subscription packages.
Types of Custom tables;
|Bundled||As part of a Product Bundle|
|App Engine||As part of a App Engine Subscription per User|
These tables have been selected because the extension of these tables is common practice for setting up the core of the platform.
Extending these tables enables you to add them to your scoped application.
Applications are either Paid or Free
|Paid Apps||Free Apps|
|Custom tables are covered in the Application Price.||Custom tables are not covered in the Application Price.|
|Tables that are extended fromt he origianal store app tables require a subscription||App Store will list the number of tables in the app.|
|Custom tables that are supporting Integrations are excluded.|
- Actively manage and monitor table usage & assignments
- Make use of the Exempt tables
- Carefully consider the access roles for a new table
- Be aware of how many tables are available within a bundle
- Extensions of core tables are counted (e.g. extending incident)
- AI on a custom table requires a Pro or higher subscription
- Leave enough rool for furture developement needs
- Be aware of the custom field limits for a table
New York Pricing
I came across a shared pdf file on Slack.