OK Orlando - A series of features worth note
In Orlando there’s a bunch of Automated Test Framework(ATF) updates.
Lets go over them and see what we think;
Copy an automated test suite
In the past copying a test suite kept the past scope. Lets see how good this works.
- If a suite spans multiple scopes, copying scopes doesn’t copy anything out of the current scope.
- Copying a test suite isn’t available unless you’re in the suite’s scope.
Custom UI test steps - misleading
So in the new section there’s a “Custom UI test steps” but it goes on to say;
Test workspaces using the Form category test steps. The Custom UI category steps don’t support available workspace.
So it’s just a heads up, to test workspaces goto the form category, not custom ui.
List and related list steps
- Validate related list visibility - tested
- Apply filter to list - tested
- Validate record present in list - tested - no way to validate list is empty or test that
- Validate ui actions in lists
- Open a record in list
- Validate outbound email
- Generate inbound reply email
- Generate Random String - only input is how long to make the input…