Technow Quebec Review
The Technow crew reviews Quebec's features
These are my notes from the Technow Quebec Review
Technow Quebec Review
The team presenting this noted that slides had a price tag indicating if something was effectively platform, or "extra". I'll denote this in the title with a 💲 emoji.
This aired on Jan. 26th, and will be available in video sometime in March.
- Lots of things in here, but just check the LCHH video
- Categorize fields as PII, internal, restricted, confidential
- Quickly report on field categorization for regulatory compliance
- Manage fields via REST and script APIs
Now Platform foundation enhancements
- Office 365 integration
- Embedded Help Panel
- User onboarding walkthroughs
- Via the acquisition from Attivio.
- This is everywhere. Service portal, workspaces, mobile, etc.
Process Optimization 💲
- This shows a kind of diagram of how work is actually done in the platform.
- Part of ITSM Enterprise and CSM Enterprise packages.
Virtual Agent enhancements 💲
- Guided set up with topic recommendations
- Advanced authoring tools
- Automatically resolve incidents, actionable notifications, and password reset
- This replaces the "Model Builder".
- Support for 13 more languages (now at 16 total).
- Ability to add vocabulary sources to be referenced by models
Regression Framework 💲
Uses machine learning to estimate a value.
e.g. If we have 100 things done what will the time be for the 101st item.
Any prof or ent. package as part of artifical intelligence
Natural Language Query NLQ 💲
NLQ is officialy released with Quebec.
This is nice as you can ask servicenow is common language for things.
E.g. How many P1's were logged last month? Should build a report showing incident.priority=1^sys_created_on=LastMonth
Performance Analytics enhancements 💲
- PA Capabilities now availabe on workspaces
- PA now supports flexible calendars (e.g. fiscal not matching standard calendar)
- Quick calculations on specific fields
- Tailor reporting to highlight what's important
- Design dynamic reports with response to questions stored on the catalog
Mobile Experience enhancements
(Jace's note what app does this apply to? You all have 4!)
- Added AI Search
- Added Deeplink capability to apps
- Cards now can have actionable buttons
Mobile Agent enhancements
- Saved Views, favorite mobile screens for quicker access
- Field Service surveys online and offline
- Native Knowledge KB articles
Mobile Developer Tool Enhancements
- Mobile Card builder. You can make your own cards now instead of using the pre-made designs
- UI Rules, Apply field value calculations and UI Styling to UI elements
- Impersonate Users
App Engine Studio (AES) 💲 (Store release)
Not really gone into, will be topic in March TechNow.
Not available in PDI's yet.
IntegrationHub enhancements 💲
- "Simplify inbound integrations with REST API trigger"
- Remote Process Sync allows for better ebonding (by-directional) integrations
- Perform data mapping with modern UX for codeless ETL
- Retireve date easily with JDBC data stream
- Send one or more files to your instance over SFTP
- Choose specific MID server for your integration
Flow Designer enhancements
- UX improvements to help citizen developers
- Record Producers can now be submitted via Flow designer with variables
- Flow level variables now exist (akin to workflow scratchpad)
- Parse email replies with per domain sepeators that also support regex
- Notification common content (available to notification, and other communication channels e.g. slack, va)
App Studio enhancements
- Some store apps can be customized (depends on app author's settings in app)
- Some ServiceNow apps can also be customized (depends same as above)
Dev @ Scale
- APIs to install modify and rollback your changes
- Server side script debugging improvments
- Scan your instance for problems with code/configuration
- Been in the works since 2012
- Allows for custom checks to be added