This is just a list of things I think the ATF Tests should include.
I think every test should have the following steps;
- Create users to use to for test (Server>Insert Record on sys_user)
- Create role(s) for the newly created user, as you may not always
know a good user to test as.(Server>Insert Record on
- Impersonate the user(Server>Impersonate)
- Use Server>Record Validation to test most field values
- Use Form validation for User Experience testing.
Tests should also follow these as well
- Track Tests in update set with the code
- Group Tests by tag. Tag for Application, Testing Schedule, and
- Tests should be small units to test and not dependent on eachother.
- Tests should be part of the estimate of work when sizing work.
- Tests should run on a schedule.
for further reading.