Feel free to edit!!!! everyone!
- CSS available on an element level.
- moving to store release
playbook record generator
- allows an agent to enter the data before the record is created.
- playbook + ui builder has a better intergration
- more options to add actions at the playbook level
- improves the exp of building a playbook by allowing you to see it as you build on
Q: Can you use SP on Now Experience?
A: No, they are different technologies.
SN may release now components to SP (safe harbor)
Dev Tool Enhancements
Expanded Source control
- can edit things like CSM in studio now?
- headless testing is now possible via docker
- servicenow cli
- admin can delegate the source control feature
- delete app can be given to users
- can now create a now experience in studio
- this allows folks w/o the app eng. studio licensines to create now exp.'s
- improved error handling
- new simple math and string functions
- performance of flow can be imporved by turning off logging
- automatic variable cleaning. var_dictionary cleared after a month
Q: Can error handling actions have access to data pills?
- now does imports (competes with import sets now - import sets reimagined - only supports data streams)
- notifications - will tell you when you run into licensing issues
- tls 1.2 support for fips compliance
- adaptive authentication - contextual security?
- certificate based authentication
data exports metrics
- this will let you measure whats being exported and if its sensitve
platform encryption Enhancements $
- in rome encryption now doesnt need to apply to business rules/scripts
- source (existing)
- source package (new)
- source application family (new)
schedule installation of plugins and applications
Q: Can you scheduled install of update sets? A: ?
instance scan has new scan
- reactive scan (based on a specific failure)
inbound emails actions
- now can properly identify the user based on email across the extended user tables.
- this was resolved by changing how the inbound does a match,
cmn_notif_devicetable to find the user.
Q: how is the health scan different then the instance scan?
A: They are not different. Well Support does a health scan, you run an instance scan.
Q: is instance scans performance intensive?
A: Generally no
Q: an interesting use for instance scan.
A: data sanity checks (verify users have managers)